Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for the NSF GRFP, you must:
- be a US citizen, US national, or permanent resident
- intend to pursue a research-based Master’s or Ph.D. program in a GRFP-supported field
- be enrolled in an eligible program at an accredited United States graduate institution, with a US campus, by fall following selection
- be at an early stage in your graduate career
- have completed no more than one academic year of full-time graduate study (or the equivalent)
- Graduate students are limited to only one application to the GRFP, submitted either in the first year or in the second year of graduate school